Need a hand to stay in your own home longer?

Get in touch

or call us on
1300 764 433

Home Care Packages

If you have a Home Care Package, we'd love to talk with you about how we can support you. Whether your Home Care Package is level 1, 2, 3 or 4, we have the right staff ready to deliver the best care.

What is a Home Care Package?

Home Care Packages, Levels 1 to 4, are funded by the Commonwealth Government. They are a great way for you to access support that will help you stay in your own home longer. A Home Care Package can fund services like domestic assistance, home and garden maintenance, transport, personal care, a helping hand with meal preparation, nursing care, social support and allied health services. 

We have put together some Frequently Asked Questions around Home Care Packages to help you get a better understanding of what is available under a Home Care Package and how to get started.

Your Package, Your Choice

At HenderCare we offer a true consumer-directed model of care. We deliver flexible options that allow you to get what you need out of your home care package.

Whether you have low, high or complex care needs, we offer you the freedom to choose how your package is managed, who delivers those services and we offer transparency around fees and charges.

With HenderCare, you have the option to self-manage your package or have one of our friendly home care coordinators assist you with your care management. It's always your choice. 

HenderCare is fully supportive of the Aged Care Quality Standards. To find out more about the Aged Care Quality Standards, please click here

Please click here to download our Your Package Your Choice brochure. 

Please click here to visit our aged care webpage where you can download our Home Care Package, Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) and Private Services Pricelist.

How to apply for a Home Care Package

If you think you are eligible for a Home Care Package, the first step is to get in touch with My Aged Care. You can call them on 1800 200 422 or visit the My Aged Care website. They will let you know what your next steps are. Usually, there are two options: you will meet with a local assessor from the My Aged Care Regional Assessment Service for a home support assessment, or if you have more complex care needs, you will meet with someone from an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) for a comprehensive assessment. Once your assessment is complete, you will find out what type of supports My Aged Care will fund to help you stay safely in your own home.

In case you have extra care needs

In some cases, the Commonwealth Government can offer you additional care to meet your specific needs. These needs are met with the following supplements:

  • Veterans' Supplement: If you are a veteran with a mental health condition that has been accepted by the Department of Veterans' Affairs as being related to your service. 
  • Dementia and Cognition Supplement: If you have moderate to severe levels of cognitive impairment associated with dementia or another condition.
  • Oxygen Supplement: If you have a medical need for the ongoing supply of oxygen.
  • Enteral Feeding Supplement: If you need your food given to you through a nasogastric, gastrostomy or jejunostomy feeding method.

It's important to note that if you are eligible for both the Veterans' Supplement and the Dementia and Cognition Supplement, you will usually only receive the Veterans' supplement.

Get in touch

If you have a new Homecare Package, or you’re looking to move away from another provider, we can help you. Read these frequently asked questions about aged care. Get in touch with our team by calling 1300 764 433 or contacting us online.

Related Videos