Consumer & Participant Charter
As a leading provider of aged care and disability services throughout Australia, we are committed to providing consumer-directed and high-quality services that meet your individual needs. Our Charter represents our commitment to you.
We will always:
- provide you with information about us and other services, so that you can make informed choices about your services
- We will use interpreters if English is not your first language and you need this assistance
- have multiple ways you can contact us both day and night; you can call, email, visit our website or write to us
- involve you in all decisions relating to your services and respect the decisions you make
- ensure you understand your rights and responsibilities and provide you with a copy of this information
- protect and respect your privacy, and keep your confidential information secure. We will only provide it to others with your permission, or when it is necessary for medical reasons
- ensure your services are provided by workers who are qualified and skilled, and match the requirements you have set around character and personality
- ensure your services and care are delivered in a manner that respects your choices, capabilities, preferences, interests, opinions, cultural background and personal circumstances
- encourage your participation in all areas of your care
- provide services and care as we say we will, making sure we keep you up-to-date in all aspects of your services, and any changes that we together agree will be made
- treat you fairly, and always with dignity and respect
- welcome your feedback in all areas of our service provision
- explain how you can make a complaint and how it will be managed, then ensure the complaint has been dealt with to your satisfaction
- acknowledge your uniqueness
- assist you to access an advocate of your choosing
- provide services that set the benchmark for care throughout the aged care and disability industries. We always strive to meet and exceed these industry standards, which include the Charter and Rights for Home Care under the Aged Care Act and the National Standards for Disability Services
How can you provide feedback?
Have you been impressed by a member of our team? We welcome positive feedback and commendations. To leave some positive feedback, please click here to complete our online form.
Need Easy Read? Download our Easy Read ‘How to make a complaint’ document.
To make a complaint, please contact HenderCare:
- on 1300 764 433
- by emailing email@example.com
- through our website
- in person at one of our offices; or
- by mail to Quality Department, GPO Box 2961, Adelaide SA 5001
For further information, please click here to view our Feedback and Complaints Policy.