Home Care Package – Level 2
A Home Care Package Level 2 is designed for people who have low-level care needs. Your Home Care Package Level 2 services will always be tailored to your personal circumstances, to make sure you’re getting exactly what you need to stay safely and independently at home for as long as you want.
Clarissa is 80 and she lives on her own in a two-bedroom apartment with a courtyard garden. When we first met Clarissa, we sat with her and worked out what goals were most important for her. Clarissa has a great network of supportive neighbours who check in with her most days to see how she is and have a cup of tea. One of her favourite pastimes is playing Scrabble on her iPad.
- to stay as independent as possible with mobilising
- to gain more control over her urge incontinence
Clarissa felt that the services that would best support her independence were:
- consultation and advice from a continence nurse advisor
- maintaining a safe and clean environment around her home
- help cleaning her unit
- transport to the local shops and home again so she can do her own shopping
Clarissa’s weekly care plan includes:
- buying continence products
- 2 hours domestic assistance (cleaning the kitchen, bathroom, washing bed linen, cleaning hard to reach things like exhaust fans)
- 2 hours with a support worker who drives Clarissa to the shops and helps bring her groceries inside once she’s home
- weekly review phone call with continence nurse advisor
Every few months Clarissa also has home and garden maintenance assistance to change lightbulbs, check smoke alarm batteries and a hand with any heavy lifting around the house.
Clarissa contributes the Basic Daily Fee ($10.28). Her level 2 Home Care Package means the government contributes $43.03 per day towards her services.
If Clarissa ever decides to change service providers, we won’t charge her an Exit Fee. This is just one of the ways we support consumer choice.
What do other levels of Home Care Packages look like?
To discover what a level 1 Home Care Package looks like, meet William.
To find out how a level 3 Home Care Package can support you, meet Maria and Peter.
To see what a level 4 Home Care Package can offer, meet John and Hannah.
Home Care Package FAQs
If you’ve still got some questions about Home Care Packages Level 2, you might find the answer in our FAQs. If you don’t find the information you need, please send us a message or give us a call on 1300 764 433.