Home Care Package – Level 3
Level 3 Home Care Packages are designed for people who have intermediate care needs. We always work with you to tailor your Home Care Package services to help meet you goals. This means your Home Care Package is designed with you, for you.
Maria is 84 years young. She lives with her husband Peter, and their daughter Anna lives nearby. Anna visits once a week to help in the garden, and calls every afternoon to see how Maria and Peter are. Maria has some mobility issues arising from childhood polio, and glaucoma that has left her with a vision impairment. When we first met Maria, we sat with her and Peter to identify the goals Maria felt were most important to support her independence. She identified:
- to remain safe and comfortable at home
- for Peter to have time to rest to reduce the impact on him of needing to clean the house and attend to Maria’s personal care
Maria decided that the services best-suited to support her are:
- buying a shower chair to help her transfer into the shower safely
- personal care to help with activities like showering
- cleaning around the house
- company while Peter goes out to a social event
Maria’s weekly care plan includes:
- 3.5 hours of personal care (assistance with showering, washing her hair and getting dressed)
- 2 hours of domestic assistance (scrubbing the bathroom, cleaning windows, vacuuming and mopping floors)
- 2 hours of companionship and care every Thursday evening so Peter can go to his book club
Her level 3 Home Care Package means the government contributes $93.63 per day towards her services.
Under her current care plan, Maria has some surplus funds. This means she will be able to book additional services when she needs them, like a 3 hour spring clean every few months, or save the funds and use them to buy a piece of assistive equipment like a new bed, or rails for the bathroom.
If Maria ever decides to change service providers, we won’t charge her an Exit Fee. This is just one of the ways we support consumer choice.
What do other levels of Home Care Packages look like?
To discover what a level 1 Home Care Package looks like, meet William.
To find out how a level 2 Home Care Package can support you, meet Clarissa.
To see what a level 4 Home Care Package can offer, meet John and Hannah.
Home Care Package FAQs
If you’ve still got some questions about Home Care Packages, you might find the answer in our FAQs. If you don’t find the information you need, please send us a message or give us a call on 1300 764 433.