Home Care Package – Level 4
A Home Care Package Level 4 is the highest level of support you can receive. Home Care Package Level 4 are personalised to you, so your package might look different to your neighbour’s.
John is 89 and lives at home with his wife, Hannah. After his ACAT assessment, John was allocated a level 4 Home Care Package. He is experiencing the early stages of dementia, has continence issues and type 2 diabetes. John’s mobility is limited. He uses a walking frame and sometimes uses a wheelchair when out in the community. His Home Care Package is designed to provide the care he needs while still promoting Hannah’s independence. John is a huge Port Power fan. We met with John and Hannah, and together, identified the goals he wanted to meet:
- to remain comfortable and safe at home
- to prevent any falls
- to help maximise his cognitive function
- to feel comfortable with his care staff
John’s level 4 package services
John and Hannah decided that the services that would support John’s independence best were:
- personal care
- sweeping and mopping the floors
- stripping John’s bed and remaking with clean linen
- sweeping the deck outside where John likes to sit
- helping with the gardening tasks that John used to do, like trimming the front hedge
- lunch preparation, with John assisting with decision-making
- assisting John with his favourite crossword
John’s weekly care plan includes:
- 2 hours of domestic assistance
- 2 hours of transport and care support to attend medical appointments including his podiatrist
- 6 hours for personal care, including showering, dressing, continence care, medication management and transfers in and out of bed
- 2 hours care and companionship on Saturday afternoons so Hannah can take care of her personal errands and John can watch the football and do the Saturday crossword with his care worker (who is also a keen football enthusiast!)
John also has 2 hours of garden maintenance every fortnight to make sure the garden is tidy and safe.
His level 4 Home Care Package means the government contributes $143.50 per day towards his services.
If John ever decides to change service providers, we won’t charge him an Exit Fee. This is just one of the ways we support consumer choice.
What do other levels of Home Care Packages look like?
To discover what a level 1 Home Care Package looks like, meet William.
To see what a level 2 Home Care Package can offer, meet Clarissa.
To find out how a level 3 Home Care Package can support you, meet Maria and Peter.
Home Care Package FAQs
If you’ve still got some questions about Home Care Package Level 4, you might find the answer in our FAQs. If you don’t find the information you need, please send us a message or give us a call on 1300 764 433.