Did you know?
Psychologists work with individuals and groups to better understand how people, communities, and societies function! With their professional understanding of mental and biological functions that drive behaviour, psychologists will work with someone to empower them and help them thrive.
In Australia, psychologists must be registered with the Psychology Board of Australia (PsyBA) and listed with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
They must have a minimum of six years of training, engage in ongoing education, and adhere to strict ethical standards.
You can check on the AHPRA website to see if a person is registered as a psychologist.
Psychologists at HenderCare work with people with a disability across their lifespan. Services and support are tailored to each person’s needs and can assist with psychological, emotional, or behavioural concerns that may be impacting on a person’s quality of life.
This could include, but is not limited to:
- Assessments (adaptive behaviour assessments, cognitive functioning etc.)
- Individual therapy sessions
- Psychoeducation (education about mental illness)
- Positive Behaviour Support Plan development, focusing on improving quality of life
- Staff Training (e.g., Positive Behaviour Support, mental illness, trauma etc.)
If you or a loved one need psychology services, you can check out more information about what we offer at HenderCare by clicking here or by calling our team on 1300 764 433.