The statistics are confronting and highlight the importance of increasing vegetable intake and limiting food wastage.
At HenderCare, we want to promote a healthy approach to eating so here are some tips to increase your veggie intake and limit the amount of food being wasted.
Plan ahead – Plan your meals in advance by using a meal planner.
- gives an oversight on the quantity of food required and prevents wastage
- saves time and mental fatigue later in the week (winner winner, healthy chicken dinner 😉)
Shop smart to save money – Utilise sale items and purchase ‘imperfect’ foods.
- buying ‘imperfect’ food prevents food wastage
- shopping around and sourcing local veggies save money
- planning budget friendly meals saves money
For budget friendly recipes, click here.
Love your leftovers – Re-use your leftover food
- saves money
- reduces food wastage
- lunch is sorted!
For further information or resources on National Nutrition Week, please see the Tryfor5 website here.