There is a range of free activities and events running this summer to keep the kids entertained! Some of our favourites include:
- Adelaide Central Market: So much to see, try, smell and taste! The market also runs a Market Mini program for kids.
- South Australian Museum: These holidays, the museum is running a number of programs suited to children of all ages. Our pick is the Thin Ice VR where children can retrace Shackleton’s footsteps.
- Wilfred Taylor Reserve: This reserve has it all – bike paths, BBQ, playground and extensive space to run around!
- Adelaide Botanic Garden: The Botanic Gardens runs a school holiday program every year and has a range of different activities aimed at children of all ages.
- SA Police Road Safety Centre: Bring bikes and scooters to the Road Safety Centre for a whole heap of fun. The centre is also closely located for to the Cafe Bonyton and nature play playground.
- Glenelg Foreshore Playground: Beach, playground and ice cream – what more could a child (or adult) want? This is a great activity to have up your sleeve for hot days.
Other ideas include:
- Morialta Conservation Park
- St Kilda Adventure Playground
- Playford Town Skate Park
- Warrapinga Wetlands
- West Beach Mini Golf
- Harbour Town Ice Skating
- South Australian Maritime Museum
Don’t forget if you are attending an outdoor activity, to factor in weather conditions and to always ensure you bring hats, sunscreen and drinking water.