There are many services available to support older Australians, including, but not limited to:
- Home and Garden Maintenance
- Personal Care
- Meals & Food Preparation
- Food Shopping
- Pharmacy Collection
- Allied Health
Services can be accessed in various ways, including government-funded Home Care Packages and the Commonwealth Home Support Programme. There is also the option to access privately funded services.
What is a Home Care Package?
A Home Care Package helps eligible older Australians receive in-home support and remain at home. Depending on the individual’s eligibility, the package can help support various services and keep your loved one living independently.
What is private aged care?
As an alternative or complement to a Home Care Package, you may also like to consider private aged care.
While Home Care Packages are a great source of support for many, high demand, income-tested fees, and access wait times can raise additional issues for some.
Private aged care offers no waitlists, no limits on service frequency, and the recipient controls how and when they receive support.
Did you know?
- Home Care Packages are available in four levels of support (1 – 4).
- Private services can be accessed at any time and can provide care up to 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- You can access private services while you await your Home Care Package or ‘top up’ a Home Care Package if you need additional support.
- Private aged care removes the need for a government assessment to access services. Depending on your circumstances, we may still recommend you have a Home Care Package assessment.
As a female-led, South Australian-owned business with 19 years of experience in community care, we want older members of our community to feel as supported, independent and happy as possible.
Discussing and assisting your loved ones with implementing in-home care services, either privately or through a package, will help them receive the support they need to stay safe within their homes. In-home care is an important step for those needing additional support and for those of us who can often feel guilty for being busy with work and family commitments.
Keen to find out more?
Call the HenderCare Aged Care team on 1300 764 433 to discuss the best aged care options for your family.
Alternatively, please click here to leave your details, and a member of our team can contact you at a convenient time.