As a provider of health and community care, we are closely following developments surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19).
We are aware that the evolving nature of the virus is causing concern amongst the community, including our service recipients. Please be assured that HenderCare is acting strictly in line with the advice provided by the Australian Government Department of Health and other regulatory bodies.
HenderCare will continue to provide servic as normal throughout this time and the health and safety of our service recipients and team members remain our main priority.
For information relating to our service provision, please check this page regularly for updates.
For daily updates on the virus and Australia’s response, we encourage you to check the Department of Health website by clicking here.
Last updated 23 October 2020
• Victorian COVID-19 Alert
• New South Wales COVID-19 Alert
• COVID-19 Resources
• Ongoing monitoring
• Team member education
• At service
• Increased cross infection controls
• Useful links
Victorian COVID-19 Alert
Due to a recent spike in Victoria’s COVID-19 cases, the state is frequently updating its health advice and restriction levels. To find out the latest information, please visit Victoria’s Health and Human Services website by clicking here.
Residents across Victoria now have to wear a mask or face covering before leaving the house with fines in place. For more information, please click here.
We strongly encourage all service recipients and team members in Victoria to:
• Download the COVIDSafe app
• Adhere to social distancing and good cough and hand hygiene
• Follow the latest information and advice provided by the Victorian Government (including Stay At Home directives for selected postcodes)
• Undergo COVID-19 testing if you have a cough, fever, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, or loss of sense or smell or taste
New South Wales COVID-19 Alert
Those who live in New South Wales should continually monitor the list of NSW locations linked to COVID-19 outbreaks.
• To access HenderCare’s COVID-19 Health Advice Guide, please click here.
• To access HenderCare’s Easy Read Guide to COVID-19, click here to download.
• If you require translated COVID-19 resources, please click here.
• We encourage everyone to download the Australian Government’s COVIDSafe app. Please click here for further information and instructions on how to do this.
HenderCare is closely monitoring developments surrounding COVID-19 and has assembled a team of senior and clinical management, who are regularly meeting to act on advice provided by the Australian Government Department of Health and other regulatory bodies.
HenderCare will act in line with our Business Continuity Plan and the advice set down by the Department of Health.
Team member education
As a provider of services to older people, children and those living with a disability, HenderCare has been in regular and frequent contact with our large workforce since January 2020.
The advice provided to our team members has been in line with that recommended by the Australian Government Department of Health and, more specifically, has outlined when a team member is considered unfit to work. We will continue to follow this advice and provide it to our team members as needed.
HenderCare is also working to increase our supplies of the required PPE to help ensure the safety of our service recipients and team members.
HenderCare has proactively requested all team members complete additional training in preventing the spread of infection.
In addition to this, we have postponed all non-essential face-to-face training and are currently developing virtual training sessions to ensure all our team members remain compliant with the certifications required for their regular role.
At HenderCare, we are working towards the protection of our service recipients by confirming with our team members that they are in good health when booking a service.
For the safety of our team members and service recipients, when a HenderCare team member arrives to your service, before entering your home and whilst maintaining social distancing they will ask you the following questions:
• Have you or any members of your household, travelled overseas in the last 14 days
• Have you or any members of your household, recently travelled interstate?
• Do you suspect you have been exposed to or contracted COVID-19?
• Do you currently have flu-like symptoms such as coughing, fever, sore throat, shortness of breath or loss of taste and smell?
If you answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions, the team member is required to call a HenderCare Coordinator to seek further advice.
We ask that you please consider these questions before any service and if you believe you need to postpone or cancel a service, you please call HenderCare as soon as possible on 1300 764 433. This is essential to protect the health of our team members and the broader community. In addition to this, consult your regular doctor as soon as possible for further medical advice.
We ask that service recipients, where possible, please support team members in the following ways:
– Providing pump handwash or sanitiser
– Providing paper towel or napkins to dry hands
– Practising good cough and handwashing hygiene
If you have any health concerns relating to the virus, it is crucial to seek out the advice of your GP and follow the medical advice specific to your circumstances. Mobile coronavirus testing stations are now set up across the country to provide additional access.
Increased cross infection controls
To minimise the chance of any cross infection between HenderCare team members and service recipients, we have implemented the following measures:
• service recipients are not required to sign timesheets during COVID-19
• for assistance with food shopping, our preference will be that team members will sit down and help service recipients place an online food order instead of going to the local supermarket
• during transport services, service recipients are now required to sit in the rear passenger seat of the vehicle
• social supports should be carried out in the home (where possible) and at a distance of 1.5m
Collection of co-payments were temporarily suspended during the height of COVID-19 but we now require co-payment collection to again commence for:
• Town of Walkerville (effective May 11)
• City of Prospect (effective May 11)
• City of Adelaide (effective May 4)
• City of Unley (effective May 4)
• Veterans Home Care VHC (effective June 15)
• All remaining applicable councils (effective June 15)
VICTORIA & NSW: Please note that effective Monday 3 August, HenderCare is giving service recipients living in Victoria and NSW the option either pay cash at the time of service or be invoiced for their VHC co-payment.
CHSP co-payment is by invoice only.
HenderCare’s preference is to send an invoice for co-payments to these affected areas during this time.
Team members are not to collect backdated co-payments.
To promote social distancing and the reduction of non-essential outings, we are also currently implementing online or Telehealth service delivery. This will not be possible for all services, including personal care, home & garden maintenance or domestic assistance, but may provide another option for those engaged in services such as allied health. To find out more about our Telehealth services, please call us on 1300 764 433.
– The Australian Government Department of Health website (www.health.gov.au)
– Australian Government (www.australia.gov.au)
– Smart Traveller (www.smartraveller.gov.au)
– National Coronavirus Health Information Line 1800 020 080
– Health Direct 1800 022 222
– Health Direct COVID-19 symptoms checker (click here)
– Coronavirus Australia app (apple) (google play)
– Beyond Blue Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service (click here)
We are aware that during these unusual times, you may have more questions than normal about your service and we want to reiterate that we are here to support you. HenderCare will continue to deliver your services as long as your health and the safety of our team members is uncompromised. If you have any questions, we have Coordinators ready to take your call 24/7. You are also welcome to email firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
View all Articles