Social work can be beneficial for children accessing Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) and can also assist families through education and coaching.
HenderCare’s Social Work team provides therapy services to young children with varying needs and disabilities.
We take a play-based approach that aims to create emotional experiences and build resilience by gaining control over fears, reducing stress and increasing well-being and a sense of self.
We support the child to take the lead in play and in doing so, help them to learn how to self-soothe and increase their behavioural regulation.
We can assist with:
- ECEI – key worker role / parent education / coaching
- Assessment of carer stress/family support
- Parenting capacity / attachment concerns
- Major life transition planning (e.g. school, employment etc)
- Behaviour concerns
- Grief and loss counselling
- Social skills interventions
- Emotional regulation
- Self esteem / identity issues
- Sexual health / relationships / understanding consent
- Support around routines (RBI)
Click here to download our Social Work brochure for further information.