Our allied health team members have a keen interest in working with older people and people with a disability.
Physiotherapists, speech pathologists, clinical psychologists, occupational therapists and podiatrists all play very important roles in helping you reach your goals. From assessing how you can safely live at home, to helping you develop communication skills, there is a HenderCare allied health team member ready to help.
Our allied health team
If you're not sure which allied health therapy might be right for you, here's an explanation of what each team member can offer.
Our physiotherapists can work with you on:
- active and healthy ageing, and how to manage the risks of osteoporosis, incontinence and falls
- recovering from surgery
- improving movement for people living with serious neurological conditions
- early intervention for babies and children diagnosed with diseases like cerebral palsy
Our speech pathologists can assist with:
- improving expressive and receptive communication skills
- speech and language delay or disorder
- early childhood intervention
- using assistive technology to help you communicate better
- swallowing and feeding issues
Our psychologists can help you with:
- building your resilience
- understanding and managing stress
- coping with the challenges you may be experiencing
Our occupational therapists can offer assistance with:
- how to be safe in your home, including recommendations for home modifications and mobility aids
- giving advice on how to shower and care for yourself
- identifying areas where you may need additional support
Our social workers can provide support with:
- helping older people make significant life decisions based on the best aged care information and resources
- preparing for an annual NDIS review
- early intervention supports for young children
- behaviour support, including assessment and development of support plans
- accessing education and employment
- providing information about clients' rights and entitlements, and resources and complaint mechanisms available to you
Our podiatrists can help with:
- keeping your feet healthy with regular nail and foot care
- treating lower limb ulcers and wounds
- choosing the most appropriate footwear
- monitoring circulatory and sensation issues that can be related to diabetes or peripheral vascular disease
We're here to support you
If you think you need support from an allied health professional, please give us a call. We're always happy to speak with you about what your goals are, and then work with you to put together the best care team to support you in reaching them.
Get in touch
Call 1300 764 466 or send us a message to speak with our team about how we can help.