Personal Care Support Worker Jobs
A personal care support worker works to a strengths-based, person-centred approach that aims to maximise service recipient independence by addressing their individual needs, building positive home environments and relationships with families and the community. Their tasks can include assisting with personal care (e.g. dental hygiene, showering), assisting with household duties (e.g. cooking, cleaning, shopping), supporting service recipients in accessing appointments or recreational activities (e.g. medical appointments, coffee etc), and monitoring and reporting on progress, health and other issues.
Our ideal personal care support worker candidates will have one of the following qualifications as a minimum:
- Cert III/IV in Individual Support/Aged Care/Disability
- Cert IV in Mental Health/Youth Work
- Cert III/IV in Leisure & Health/Community Services
- Cert III/IV in Hospital/Health Services Assistance
- Diploma of Nursing/Counselling/Community Development
Our ideal personal care worker candidates will have the following:
- Current Provide First Aid Certificate HLTAID003
- Current Provide CPR Certificate HLTAID001
- Current Manual Handling Certificate
- Current National Police Check
- Current Working With Children Check / NDIS Worker Check (or willing to obtain)
- Reliable transport and a current drivers licence
Why work for us?
We offer competitive pay rates, paid weekly, and our team of Service Delivery & Rostering Officers are available to help you 24 hours a day, seven days a week, all year round. We value our staff and offer flexible working conditions, a Staff Wellbeing Programme and comprehensive training. We’re growing every day and there’s never been a better time to join our team.
View our current personal care worker job openings on seek.com.au.