Provide first aid
HLTAID011 Provide first aid
With instruction and practical training in line with legal, workplace and community considerations, Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and other Australian national peak clinical bodies, this first aid course teaches the skills and knowledge to recognise emergencies and provide immediate and effective first aid treatment to any person suffering a sudden illness or injury.
The course covers assessing the casualty, providing safety, accessing emergency services, and using resources to provide first aid, such as providing CPR and using a defibrillator, administering an autoinjector for anaphylaxis, administering asthma medication, assisting someone choking, using appropriate immobilisation techniques for envenomation, fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains, managing casualties with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock.
You will learn basic anatomy, physiology and the differences between adults, children and infants relating to CPR, the importance of the chain of survival, written and verbal reporting of incident details, reviewing incidents to improve own skills and response times, to recognise psychological impacts, and seeking help as required.
- From 130
- HenderCare team members can save 50% off the course fee (log into Qintil to access your discount voucher code)
Dates and Registration (select location)
Units Being Delivered
The following units will be included in your certificate:
- HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID010 – Provide basic emergency life support
Course Delivery and Assessment Requirements
The course consists of an online component followed by a 60-90-minute face-to-face practical assessment. Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written (online) and practical assessment tasks. Practical assessments are conducted in small groups of 2-4 participants with measures in place to manage COVID-19 risks.
Currently, HenderCare offers this course via blended delivery: online with face-to-face assessment.
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Participants must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet, or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/pre-course study before attending the face-to-face session.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
Certificates will require renewal after 36 months.
The CPR component (HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) will require renewal after 12 months.
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the simulated first aid scenario
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
Theory assessment: A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.
Would you like more information?
Contact HenderCare’s Learning and Development Team on 08 7082 7031.
This course is delivered and assessed on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909 by HenderCare. Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.