Individual Support Training
This training is for team members providing personal care services.
This training enables care workers/attendants to continue supporting individuals in the community and in residential settings with:
- medication assistance
- urinary and bowel continence care
- infection control
- skin integrity
Certificates are typically valid for 12 months from the date of issue.
- Free for HenderCare team members
Dates and Registration
- Contact the Learning and Development Team for dates and times
Course Delivery and Assessment Requirements
To attain this training, you must successfully complete the following requirements before attending a face-to-face practical assessment:
- read through the Assist with Medication learner guide on Qintil
- read through the Urinary Continence Care learner guide on Qintil
- read through the Bowel Continence Care learner guide on Qintil
- complete the Administration of medication for Carers and Support Staff course on Qintil
- complete the Infection Control Awareness course on Qintil
The face-to-face practical assessment will be held at HenderCare and should take no more than an hour to assess the following skills:
- identify appropriate documents and charts for safe medication administration
- demonstrate the administration of oral medications from various formats and packaging
- demonstrate infection control practices and correct use of PPE
- demonstrate the connecting and disconnecting of a urinary drainage bag
- demonstrate insertion of rectal medication (suppository and micro-enema)
- demonstrate knowledge of how to manage a medical emergency
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations.
Would you like more information?
Contact HenderCare’s Learning and Development Team on 08 7082 7031.