Why Join Us
The Foundation is committed to providing a safe, nurturing, stable and secure environment for children and young people under Guardianship or Custody of the Chief Executive, Department for Child Protection (DCP), or other order or authority, through the provision of residential care services.
The provision of DCP Temporary Staff Services (TSS) and Hendercare Foundation Residential Care includes temporary, short-term, long-term or immediate response accommodation and support to children and young people who cannot reside in their family home. Residential care may involve a combination of active and passive shifts by care workers 24 hours per day, every day of the year.
In accordance with DCP service requirements, child and youth care workers, coordinators and managers (team members) providing direct care will:
- create a secure and stable environment
- ensure the safety of all children and young people
- provide nurturing care
- provide developmental opportunities
- provide relational healing opportunities
- support educational, recreational and community-based activities
- support and encourage children/young people to attend appointments, e.g. health, school
- provide opportunities for children and young people to develop independent living skills
- include children and young people in household decisions where appropriate
- undertake general household duties (i.e. preparing meals, washing clothes, cleaning) and keeping all placements clean and tidy