What are the different ways to manage NDIS funding?
Plan management is one of three funding options available to NDIS participants. There is self-managed funding, plan managed funding and NDIA (or ‘agency managed’) funding.
- Self-management is where the participant or their representative manages the NDIS funding themselves, paying invoices and acquitting expenditure against their plan using the myplace participant portal.
- Plan-management is where the NDIA provides additional funding for you to pay a plan manager, who then manages payments and invoices on your behalf.
- NDIA-managed funding is where the NDIA pays providers on your behalf.
There is also an option to use a combination of the above three options.
Why should I select plan management?
In addition to freeing up your time to live your life, plan management is great for participants as it allows the participant choice and control in managing their funding.
Plan managers work with participants to:
– Increase financial and plan management skills
– Manage their NDIS plan and budget
– Pay invoices
– Submit claims on the NDIS portal
– Work to resolve any NDIS claim issues
Another benefit of having your funding plan managed is choosing which providers you would like to use.
What should I look for in a NDIS plan manager?
All plan managers need to be registered providers with the NDIA. Ask the plan manager about their processing times and their commitment to responding to queries in a prompt manner.
At HenderCare, our team prioritises delivering a personal service where there is a focus on quickly processing invoices, so both the participant and provider experience minimal delay.
Our team is also able to come to you for signup. We will help minimise the amount of time you are spending looking after the administration of your funding.
How much does plan management cost?
When your plan is being developed, we encourage you to ask your planner to have CB Life Choices included in your plan. With the inclusion of this funding line, your plan management service will be covered by the NDIA.
If you have already commenced your plan, contact your planner to discuss whether the inclusion of this service would be suitable for you.
If you would like a member of our team to contact you to discuss Plan Management, click here to complete our Contact Form or call us on 1300 467 120.