What are the different ways to manage NDIS funding?
Plan management is one of three funding options available to NDIS participants. There is self-managed funding, plan managed funding and NDIA (or ‘agency managed’) funding.
- Self-management is where the participant or the representative manages the NDIS funding themselves, paying invoices and seeking reimbursement from the NDIA.
- Plan-management is where the NDIA provides funding for you to pay for a plan manager to manage payments and invoices on your behalf.
- NDIA-managed funding is where the NDIA pays providers on your behalf.
There is also an option to use a combination of the above three options.
Why plan management might be a good option for you?
In addition to freeing up your time to live your life, plan management is great for participants as it allows the participant choice and control in managing their funding.
Plan managers work with participants to:
– Increase financial and plan management skills
– Manage their NDIS plan and budget
– Pay invoices
– Submit claims on the NDIS portal
– Work to resolve any NDIS claim issues
Another benefit of having your funding plan managed is choosing which providers you would like to use.
What should I look for in an NDIS plan manager?
You should firstly be checking that your provider is Registered with the NDIS. You also want to ask your provider about their processing times and commitment to responding to queries and invoicing in a prompt manner.
At HenderCare, our team prioritise delivering a personal service where there is a focus on quickly processing invoices so both the participant and provider experience minimal delay.
Our team is also able to come to your home to help minimise the amount of time you are spending looking after the administration of your funding.
Can I change my plan manager at any time?
You are able to change plan management providers at any time during your plan. You do not need to wait until your plan expires at 12 months.
If you are unhappy with your existing plan management provider or are keen to cease self or agency management, here are some simple steps to make that happen:
- Call the NDIA on 1800 800 110 and let them know that you would like Plan Management included in your plan (if you are currently self or agency managed).
- Contact your existing plan manager in writing to cease services as per your service agreement.
- Contact your new preferred plan manager to let them know you wish to transfer your service to them. From that point on, they should take care of everything by remaining in touch with you and the NDIS directly.
How much does plan management cost?
When your plan is being developed, we encourage you to ask your planner to have CB Life Choices included in your plan. With the inclusion of this funding line, your plan management service will be covered by the NDIA.
If you have already commenced your plan, contact your planner to discuss whether the inclusion of this service would be suitable for you.
If you would like a member of our team to contact you to discuss Plan Management, click here to complete our Contact Form or call us on 1300 467 120.