As a provider of health and community care, we are closely following developments surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19).
We are aware that the evolving nature of the virus is causing concern amongst the community, including our service recipients. Please be assured that HenderCare is acting strictly in line with the advice provided by the Australian Government Department of Health and other regulatory bodies.
HenderCare will continue to provide services as normal throughout this time and the health and safety of our service recipients and team members remain our main priority.
All HenderCare staff will be vaccinated against COVID-19, in line with each state or territory’s local regulations.
For information relating to our service provision, please check this page regularly for updates.
For daily updates on the virus and Australia’s response, we encourage you to check the Department of Health website by clicking here. This link will also provide additional links to information relevant to your state or territory.
Last updated 1 Mar 2022
- COVID-19 Resources
- Business Continuity Plan
- Ongoing monitoring
- Team member education
- At service
- Useful links
- Please click here to access HenderCare’s COVID-19 Health Advice Guide.
- Please click here to access HenderCare’s Easy Read Guide to COVID-19.
- Please click here to access HenderCare’s Easy Read Guide relating to mandatory vaccinations for our team
- If you require translated COVID-19 resources, please click here.
- We encourage everyone to download the Australian Government’s COVIDSafe app. Please click here for further information and instructions on how to do this.
As a client of HenderCare, we want to make sure that you are aware of HenderCare’s Business Continuity Plan (BCP). Our BCP is in place to ensure that things run smoothly for you in the face of unpredictable events (for example, a pandemic like COVID-19).
HenderCare is closely monitoring developments surrounding COVID-19 and has assembled a team of senior and clinical management, who are regularly meeting to act on advice provided by the Australian Government Department of Health and other regulatory bodies.
HenderCare will act in line with our Business Continuity Plan and the advice set down by the Department of Health.
As a provider of services to older people, children and those living with a disability, HenderCare has been in regular and frequent contact with our large workforce since January 2020.
The advice provided to our team members has been in line with that recommended by the Australian Government Department of Health and, more specifically, has outlined when a team member is considered unfit to work. We will continue to follow this advice and provide it to our team members as needed.
HenderCare has increased our supplies of PPE to help ensure the safety of our service recipients and team members.
HenderCare has proactively requested all team members complete additional training in preventing the spread of infection.
At HenderCare, we are working towards the protection of our service recipients by confirming with our team members that they are in good health when booking a service.
For the safety of our team members and service recipients, when a HenderCare team member arrives to your service, before entering your home and whilst maintaining social distancing they will ask you the following questions:
- Are you (or any person visiting, living or staying with you) currently in isolation or quarantine? (e.g. recent arrival from interstate, overseas, awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test or identified contact)
- Have you (or anyone visiting, living or staying with you) been in contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Are you (or anyone visiting, living or staying with you) currently unwell? Do you have a fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, night sweats, chills, muscle aches or loss of taste or smell?
If you answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions, the team member is required to call a HenderCare Service Delivery & Rostering Officer to seek further advice.
We ask that you please consider these questions before any service and if you believe you need to postpone or cancel a service, you please call HenderCare as soon as possible on 1300 764 433. This is essential to protect the health of our team members and the broader community. In addition to this, consult your regular doctor as soon as possible for further medical advice.
We ask that service recipients, where possible, please support team members in the following ways:
- Wear a mask when our team members are present in your home (and where social distancing isn’t possible)
- Providing pump handwash or sanitiser
- Providing paper towel or napkins to dry hands
- Practising good cough and handwashing hygiene
If you have any health concerns relating to the virus, it is crucial to seek out the advice of your GP and follow the medical advice specific to your circumstances. Mobile coronavirus testing stations are now set up across the country to provide additional access.
To promote social distancing and the reduction of non-essential outings, we also offer Telehealth service delivery for selected services. This will not be possible for all services, including personal care, home & garden maintenance or domestic assistance, but may provide another option for those engaged in services such as allied health. To find out more about our Telehealth services, please call us on 1300 764 433.
– The Australian Government Department of Health website (www.health.gov.au)
– Australian Government (www.australia.gov.au)
– Smart Traveller (www.smartraveller.gov.au)
– National Coronavirus Health Information Line 1800 020 080
– Health Direct 1800 022 222
– Health Direct COVID-19 symptoms checker (click here)
– Beyond Blue Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service (click here)
We are aware that during these unusual times, you may have more questions than normal about your service and we want to reiterate that we are here to support you. HenderCare will continue to deliver your services as long as your health and the safety of our team members is uncompromised. If you have any questions, we have Coordinators ready to take your call 24/7. You are also welcome to email firstname.lastname@example.org at any time if you have suggestions or feedback about ways we can improve our service during this time.